Hi All,

I'm late sending this out due to the hustle-and-bustle of
end-of-quarter, but last week we shipped FxA train-83 to production
with the following highlights:

  * We've begun rolling out Phase 2 of our efforts to get more users
to connect a mobile device.  After verifying their account, 2.5% of
users will now see the option to install Firefox on their mobile
device by SMSing themselves a link.  It's only available for the US
and Canada for now while we test it out, but initial results show that
people are indeed taking advantage of it.

  * Relatedly, Phase 1 our our mobile-device-connection efforts has
graduated from "experiment" status to full-blown feature: the "connect
another device" screen is now live by default for all users.

  * The "devices and apps" settings panel now shows web login
sessions, meaning that there's now a single location where you can go
to see all the things connected to your Firefox Account.

  * We fixed a subtle bug that was causing password reset links to
never expire; they now correctly expire 1 hour after being sent.

  * We now keep a list of email addresses that are known to have
bounced, or to have marked our previous emails of spam, and will
refuse to send any further emails to those addresses.  The hope is
that this will help increase our sender reputation and ultimately our
ability to get confirmation emails through to users who need them.

  * Our email-related metrics now include the domain (e.g. "gmail.com"
or "aol.com") if it's one of a small list of the most popular email
providers.  This will help us pinpoint deliverability problems
affecting only a single email provider, while keeping potential PII
out of the logs.

  * We now log some basic metrics on the "send tab to device" feature
when we see the push notification go through the FxA servers.  This
will help us determine whether the feature is a good driver of
retention.

  * Support for passing a signed "preVerifyToken" during account
creation has been removed.  This was a holder from migrating verified
users for the Firefox Marketplace and was no longer being used.

  * We landed support for deploying many of our services via docker
and the cloudops "dockerflow" pipeline; future releases will migrate
the actual deployment scripts over to use it.

  * Our various public keys now include a created-at timestamp, to
allow Ops to monitor their freshness and trigger regular key rotations
for added security.

Special thanks go to the following community contributors, whose code
shipped in this train:

  * Princi Vershwal, who improved the text and presentation of some of
our more common error messages, and updated the UI for adding a
display name to encourage more users to set one.

  * Heather Booker, who added a new error message to help users
trashing around in their newsletter subscription settings, and fixed
up the display of the newsletter opt-in checkbox on the signup form.

  * Sunakshi Tejwani, who fixed up an incorrect logging call in the
content-server.

Thanks for your contributions!

As always, you can find more details in the changelogs for each repo:

  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/blob/v1.83.4/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/blob/v1.83.5/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-oauth-server/blob/v1.83.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-customs-server/blob/v1.83.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-profile-server/blob/v1.83.0/CHANGELOG.md

There are also detailed PR metrics included below if you're interested.

  Cheers,

    Ryan

------------

This train we had a total of 87 PRs and 109 reviews.
That includes work on the following features:

  * FxA-27: Add additional emails (Phase 1):      1 PRs (now   27 /
33 =   82% complete)
  * FxA-51: Mobile Push Pt1: post-verify page:   2 PRs (now   19 /  22
=   86% complete)
  * FxA-53: Mobile Push Pt2: SMS install link:   16 PRs (now   76 /
82 =   93% complete)
  * FxA-56: Email deliverability:                           2 PRs (now
  11 /  17 =   65% complete)
  * FxA-67: dockerflow everywhere:                    5 PRs (now   18
/  21 =   86% complete)

Along with 59 general quality improvements.