Hi All,

This week the Firefox Accounts team shipped FxA train-94 to production.
Our priorities for this sprint, and the highlights we shipped in service of
them, were:

Improve the success rate of users connecting to Sync:

   -

   We're launching an A/B test of an "email-first" login flow.  Rather than
   having the user choose whether to "sign in" or "sign up" when connecting to
   Sync, we'll ask for just their email address and then automatically take
   them to the correct choice.  We hypothesize this will increase success by
   reducing the potential for confusion.
   -

   We fixed a tricky bug where a bounced verification email would not be
   detected if the user was on the "Choose What to Sync" screen.  Bounces are
   pretty common during account signup, and by properly detecting them and
   showing helpful messaging in this case, we can help users recover from
   typos and continue the setup process.

Improve account and device management

   -

   The latest beta of Firefox for iOS includes the ability to access your
   account preferences through the browser's settings page.
   -

   The list of devices connected to your account now includes a more useful
   description for mobile devices, including the form-factor of the device.
   -

   We're doing a large and rather challenging database migration to fix
   unicode handling in device names.  Users won't see any changes yet, but it
   lays the groundwork for an upcoming release to allow CJK characters, emoji,
   and other unicode goodies in device names.

There were plenty of smaller fixes as well, including some tweaks for the
experiments we launched last week, and an update to use new Photon-themed
colours in preparation for the Firefox 57 release.

Special thanks also go to the following community contributors, who have
code shipping in this train:

   -

   Emin Mastizada <https://github.com/mastizada>
   -

   Apoorva Singh <https://github.com/apoorvasingh17>

As always, you can find more details in the changelogs for each repo:

 https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/blob/v1.94.2/CHANGELOG.md

 https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/blob/v1.94.1/CHANGELOG.md

 https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-db-mysql/blob/v1.94.1/CHANGELOG.md

 https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-oauth-server/blob/v1.94.0/CHANGELOG.md