Hello folks,

The Android Tech Leads met Wednesday, May 15.  In recognition of the
changing nature of the Android ecosystem work, we're going to meet every
second week: most of the big problems have solutions (or sketches for
solutions) and there's less ongoing group coordination required.  Yay!

The principle topic of yesterday's discussion was about stripping native
libraries in Gradle.  The conversation started because the Application
Services team discovered that *it is critical to set $ANDROID_NDK_HOME*
when building native libraries in order for symbols to be properly
stripped.   This launched a wide conversation about stripping, providing
debug information, providing symbols using the Mozilla Symbol Server
<https://tecken.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html>, the key points of
which were:

   1. We'd like to include symbols in distributed native libraries
   2. Gradle is supposed to strip symbols by default but unfortunately
   doesn't always do so
   3. We've started to strip distributed native libraries to work around
   Gradle
   4. You can download symbols from https://symbols.mozilla.org/ if needed

See the notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13A6BEQa06mtJsqExuxSrfblwM3OS5QEdZJ8K4_x7wUE/edit?ts=5cdc87ae#heading=h.c7q7b9qzx1cf>