Von: Roman Allenstein <roman.allenst...@spark5.de>
Datum: Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014 09:50
An: "dev-general@lists.oxidforge.org" <dev-general@lists.oxidforge.org>
Betreff: Re: [oxid-dev-general] Pros and cons for module-connectors

I really don't like the use of an connector but some of my team-member
argument that it's good to put all reusable extensions in one
connector-module instead of putting them in every module, that we are
developing.
My argument against a connector is the problem with the dependencies
while an upgrade-process of the connector.

@Joscha
the use of composer is a really great idea. Have you allready used
composer for a module?

@OXID
I agree to Joscha, that we need a dependency-setting (including version)
for modules.

Greets
Roman

 > Am 21.01.2014 09:40, schrieb Tobias Merkl:
> roman, what´s your reason why you would use/create an own connector?
>
> Von: Joscha Krug | marmalade GmbH <k...@marmalade.de
> Hi,
> same for me: I also don't like them. If you have dependencies between
> modules go for composer or something the like.
> Best would be if OXID could come up with an extension in the
> metadata.php in which you could tell "this module is based on that other
> module".
>
> Best regards
>
> Joscha
> Am 21.01.2014 08:44, schrieb Marcel Müller:
>> Hey!
>>
>> I don’t like such additional connector modules. They have their own
>> bugs and generating system-wide errors, mostly. Especially when the
>> module has an own style and/or database tables far from oxid. I had
>> scenarios within a customer tried to remove a connectors modul and
>> gets a lot of trouble with the system. But if you want to get rich
>> with support, this could be a model ;)
>>
>> What about a wrapper script inside every module or inside the vendor
>> structure? With that you can also check the versions and be agile.
>>
>> *Mit freundlichen Grüßen*
>>
>> Marcel Müller
>>
>> Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014 um 08:31 schrieb Roman Allenstein:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> me and my team are developing a concept for us, how to develop modules
>>> for oxid. We are now at the point where we have to decide to develope a
>>> connector-module for all our coming modules or not.
>>>
>>> We know that some agecies use their own connector to integrate their
>>> modules in oxid. And i am pretty unsure if this is the way to go
>>>because
>>> oxid provides a standardized way to integrate modules.
>>>
>>> Whats your pros and cons for using an own connector?
>>>
>>> Greets
>>> Roman
>>> --
>>> Dipl.Winf. (FH) Roman Allenstein