On Oct 19, 2010, at 12:29, Felix Rabe wrote:

> Hello Saqib
>
> I am referring to magnolia-enterprise-bundle-3.6.3-bundle-jdk15.zip as
> provided by Magnolia, and only to the option "outside Tomcat, on same
> server". (The other is possible, I just don't know how.)
>
> The files you want to look at are:
>
> apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/magnoliaAuthor/WEB-INF/config/default/magnolia.properties
> apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/magnoliaPublic/WEB-INF/config/default/magnolia.properties
>
> In there, change the property "magnolia.repositories.home" to your liking,
> e.g.: (both untested as don't use 3.6!!!)
>
> magnolia.repositories.home=../../../../../your/relative/path/repositories

Note that if you do this exactly as-is, and have 2+ instances running on the
same server.. this will very likely completely corrupt your instances.
You're probably better off defining that property per-instance; with a default
setup, you'd look at
magnoliaAuthor/WEB-INF/config/magnoliaAuthor/magnolia.properties and
magnoliaPublic/WEB-INF/config/magnoliaPublic/magnolia.properties

For more info:
http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/cookbook/using-a-single-war-file-with-multiple-configurations.html