Hi list,

Tobias and I just had a first meeting about an old issue we've been wanting to
tackle for a while: IoC in Magnolia. If this means nothing to you, perhaps this
reference will help:
http://wiki.magnolia-cms.com/display/DEV/Concept+IOC+in+Magnolia

We're going to branch the trunk and experiment a little, hoping to demonstrate
the following:
* feasibility and backwards compatibility - get a feel of how much work it
means for core, and get a feel of the impact on modules. Ideally, we want
modules to be 100% compatible (good practices will come naturally, or so we
hope)
* demonstrate basic DI mechanisms (perhaps via a model in the sample modules),
configuration properties resolution, and impacts on content2bean.
* how modules can contribute objects/components (and perhaps associated
factories)

We'll be evaluating PicoContainer and Guice for this; if you have other
suggestions, please chime in! (only constraint: we want something
ultra-lightweight, sorry Spring fans;))

Cheers,

-g