Hi,

With the other thread asking to add readlink, I would also like to ask
for an addition of Windows specific GetShortPathName. Without this
function it is impossible to check if two paths point to the same
place.

However, I'm not sure if beefing up LuaTeX with this kind of
functionality is the best thing to do (there will be undoubtedly other
things worth adding). Perhaps external modules? What's the status of
release?

And another request if I may. With kpsewhich it is possible to specify
a search path explicitly with the -path switch, but this functionality
is not exposed through lua kpse lib. Could this be added?

Cheers,

Tomek