On 11/05/2010 02:46 PM, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
Hi,

[btw: I meant to write to the users list, sorry]

Le 05/11/2010 14:22, Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
In all these cases the result of returning a boolean is the same:

    false == callback has failed
    true == callback has run ok, but nothing has been changed

the latter case (true) is interesting because it allows a speed
optimization that can be considerable. I could have sworn this was
mentioned in the manual, but I cannot find it myself either.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Just to be sure: in case the function returns
false, and error will be issued, right?

Eh ... no. You have to raise an error yourself, if you want that.