On 10/14/2011 08:33 AM, minux wrote:
Hi!

LuaTeX stopped using tangle long time ago, but identifiers like
kpseinitprog, kpsesetprogramenabled, are still in the code.
They make the program a little unreadable, so I'm current working on
it. I would like to hear any suggestions from you: is
it necessary?

Some of the external identifiers (in kpathsea/ and web2c/ 's C code) are without underscores to be compatible with the other tex-style programs that still do use tangle. The calls to these functions are typically added in a pascal change file, where tangle strips the underscores, so the actual functions needs to have names without underscores also. When luatex needs such a function, it cannot use underscores either, obviously.

There could be a bunch of

  #define kpse_init_prog kpseinitprog

in a header file, but that is just cosmetics so I am not in a hurry to do that.

Best wishes,
Taco