On 11/17/2012 03:23 PM, Graham Douglas wrote:
Hi

nder Windows Vista, latest r4485 build of LuaTeX.

Tried to do the same thing you did, with r4485 under 64-bit ubuntu.
No crash, works fine. No valgrind warnings, either.

I also have a question about the size of the latest luatex.exe when
using --nostrip

Under Windows Vista
===================
On 12 August I built a debug (--nostrip) version of LuaTeX Version
beta-0.71.0-2012081213 and
the luatex.exe file size is 22,224,617 bytes

I built r4485  as a debug Version beta-0.71.0-2012111214 and the
luatex.exe file size is 17,049,084 bytes

The latest debug luatex.exe file is some 5 MB smaller than prior versions?

Using gdb, if I run rbreak, gdb reports huge numbers of functions with
<function, no debug info>

I think I get all of them *with* break info, but can you post a few
without? Perhaps it is a single library without info?

Has there been a change to the build process which is resulting in debug
info not being included for many hundreds of functions?

Not that I know of.

Best wishes,
Taco