---- On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:03:10 +0100 Linas Stonys <lsto...@vtex.lt> wrote
----
 > Hi,
 > I was tracing \mathchar created nodes in text mode and they are just a
 > simple glyph nodes with subtype 256.
 > The problem is that there is no how to control the output changing the
 > text font. It's ok if engine throws messages about missing characters in
 > font. But if current font has a different character in this slot that is
 > a problem.

Hi,
I do not understand the problem about different characters in the slot:
Why would a different character in the current font cause a problem, the
mathchar
will not be influenced by the current text font anyway, it uses the font set
for inline math.
That font needs the right characters at the selected slots, but that should be
a given.

Best regards,
Marcel Krüger