> But a 2-3 second box for each fullscreen transition seems like a
> small price.

Seems like a pretty large price to me, given a combination of factors:
- significant added friction to a common user action ("start watching
this video in fullscreen")
- low likelihood that the type of attack this mitigates ("fullscreen
spoofing") is successful even without any mitigation, and the
relatively high cost/benefit ratio for such an attack
- low likelihood that it usefully mitigates a sophisticated attack of this sort
- low rate of abuse of pre-existing equivalent functionality (e.g.
Flash's fullscreen)

Gavin