Hi,

Hope you can help me with the serious issues we have with FF.

Testing webrtc video we seem to have a major performance issue with Firefox
which we are not sure why.

Here the results we get

Service Setup

OS

FF

Audio Bit Rate

Video Bit Rate

Video FPS

Browserstack

OS X Mavericks (v 10.9)

46

50

930

30

Win 7

46

49

940

30

Win XP

46

50

950

30

Win 10

46

49

900

26

Docker

Linux

46

4

450

1

Baremetal

8core

Linux

46

16

592

9

Azure VM

Windows 2012

46

8

352

5

Some background about the setup

1.      We open AppRTC webrtc page
2.      Add hidden video element to the page and load a VGA webm video from CDN
3.      we capture stream from video using HTMLMediaElement.mozCaptureStream()
and use this stream as fake input for getUserMedia
4.      As far as we see from the SDP the codec used is VP8

On our main setup Linux on Docker, the video get play in 1fps,

running without docker Linux or Window strong cloud machines give us 9/5 fps

Not sure why but same on BrowserStack OSX and Windows machine show much better
results but still cannot run HD size video and reach our Docker+Chrome setup
which has no problem to run HD.

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

THANK you,

Benjamin