Hi Prerak,

Thank you much for the info. When I made the client create an RSA P-256
certificate and use it in PeerConnection (in fact, this is required with Chrome
52 and later, when using OpenSSL 1.0.1g, for e.g.), it still didn't work, but
the cipher suite used was the same as in the working case.  However, I could
see that the ECDH named curve used in Server Key Exchange was ecdh_x25519
(0x001d) - as you have noted, compared to secp256r1 (0x0017) in the working
case. I also don't see any named curves specified in Client Hello.  Note that
secp256r1 is one of the curves supported by Firefox, according to the code diff
you've pointed out.  Also note that DTLS works fine when Firefox receives a
call, and acts as a client.

It looks like that SSL_CTL_set1_curves() is only available from OpenSSL 1.0.2.
FYI, we are already using EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name(NID_X9_62_prime256v1),
followed by SSL_CTX_set_tmp_ecdh() to set the curve name - this was required  a
while ago after Firefox made some changes on this regard. Other than updating
OpenSSL, is there any other way to have the supported named curves listed in
the Client Hello?

Thank,
 Uma