Hello everybody,

We have had a long history of using NSPR types such as PRInt32 everywhere on mozilla-central. This is no longer necessary as we have decent support for stdint types in mozilla/StandardInteger.h. I have a series of patches up for review on bug 579517 which switch us away from NSPR types everywhere on mozilla-central except for NSPR itself and NSS. The full list of things that I am replacing is at the bottom of this email.

I am planning to land this patch as soon as possible after it gets reviewed. The landing process will look like this. I will close mozilla-inbound, land on mozilla-central, merge central into inbound and deal with all of the merge conflicts, and then reopen mozilla-inbound. This should not take more that 10-15 minutes, so it probably will not affect you. This will however bitrot most of your patches, so I have put together a script here <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=650572> which helps you unbitrot them. This script handles mq patches, and needs to be run in the top mozilla-central directory, and it creates a backup of your mq patches in case something goes wrong.

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Ehsan