On 10/11/12 3:05 AM, Tim Taubert wrote:
Also, I'm not sure how this affects Telemetry results. In terms of perf
measurements we'd probably need to completely ignore everything from
non-release builds as the results might differ heavily for some use
cases.

I'm not following.

The suggestion, as far as I can tell, is to drop Linux PGO completely. We woudln't have it in nightly, Aurora, Beta, or releases. Compiling with PGO on Linux would be an unsupported configuration that we'd probably advise distros against, because it wouldn't be particularly well-tested.

So the real question is whether PGO on Linux is worth it in general to us, again as far as I can tell.

-Boris