This was discussed on the Platform meeting without any objections:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2012-11-06#Roundtable

Should I make more noise about this so it does not get missed?
Should I blog? I sometimes fear how the press can misinterpret our posts.

FTR, asa, ehsan and jimm have in direct threads said that this plan is good.