On 2012-11-06 8:31 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
Therefore, I propose that we adopt the following policy:
  1) APIs that are not ready for use by Web developers shall not be
shipped on the release channel (unless preffed off).
  2) APIs that are shipped on the release channel shall be shipped
without a prefix.

I am broadly in support of this, but I have a specific concern: Firefox OS will (or could) require experimental APIs that aren't fully baked simply because of time constraints. I don't think we should hamstring the features possible in FxOS to simply stabilize an API.

I would, however, be in favour of the result of s/release channel/release channel on desktop/g.

joe