On 2012-11-09 3:40 PM, Chris Peterson wrote:
On 11/9/12 11:53 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
using namespace mozilla;
using namespace mozilla::dom;

The style guidelines recommend against using nested namespaces, so doing
what you suggest would make them self-inconsistent.

But we have some nested namespaces today, so `using` them like Kyle
suggests lets people write code as if the nested namespace did not
exist. That should make "unnesting" the namespaces easier in the future. :)

I agree with what Kyle suggests. But I think that instead of making the style guidelines more friendly to nested namespaces, we should focus on doing less of that in our code.

Cheers,
Ehsan