Robert O'Callahan wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Jeff Walden <jwalden+...@mit.edu> wrote:

We ended up removing the nested |using| above and making all SpiderMonkey
headers qualify everything with mozilla::.  We use few enough things from
mozilla:: so far that we switched to |using mozilla::RangedPtr| and so on in
.cpp files and didn't think twice.  The patch itself was pretty big and
annoying, but at least we won't have these issues in the future.

Why is "using mozilla::RangedPtr" required; is "RangedPtr" ambiguous?

I would have thought it was undefined until you used one of ::mozilla or ::mozilla::RangedPtr to bring it into scope.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.