On Nov 21, 5:53 pm, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 11/21/12 11:31 AM, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:
>
> > Am I doing something wrong?
>
> When is the addEventListener call made?
There are two scenarios:

1) The listener is appended when "http-on-modify-request" is sent.
It works in 17, but broken now because "http-on-modify-request" is
asynchronous.

This is currently being solved in bug:
Bug 800799 - http-on-modify-request now called after JS that
started the load is no longer on the stack

2) The listener is appended when "http-on-opening-request"
(or "xhr-load-starting", depending which patch from bug 800799 is
used)
is sent (synchronously).

The situation is a bit better since it seems to fix bug:
Bug 802551 - onHTTPSpyReadyStateChange not sent for aborted XHR

I.e. "readystatechange" event *is* now sent when abort() is called.

But "abort" event is still not sent.

Doesn't matter if addListenerForAllEvents or
addEventListener("abort"...
is used.

> Apart from that, nothing obviously wrong.  A testcase that shows the
> problem would be helpful.
I can create a simple extension, but it'll require having patch from
bug 800799 applied.

Should I create a new bug report for this?

Honza