Jonathan Kew wrote:

On 11/12/12 10:51, Neil wrote:

Neil wrote:

Jonathan Kew wrote:

You shouldn't normally see a flash of fallback text unless the font is particularly slow to load; the text should be invisible until the font is available. We aim to hide the text until the font is ready, unless it takes more than a few seconds to load. (The timeout is configurable - see gfx.downloadable_fonts.fallback_delay - so if you've set it lower than the default of 3000ms, you'll see visible fallback more frequently.)

This is a debug build on a machine with an IDE disk, so it's possible it might be taking more than three seconds to load the font. I'll try tweaking the delay to see whether it helps.

Increasing the preference to 10000 made no difference.

Could you give an example of a page where you see this happening? I wonder if it's doing something like inserting the stylesheet dynamically after the page has initially loaded.

No, the <link> element is in the source of the document: http://www.cheezburger.com/

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.