> From: "Chiaki ISHIKAWA" <ishik...@yk.rim.or.jp>
> I could allocate 6 GB to linux 64 bits images for ordinary program
> execution on my PC
> But debug build of TB with all the symbols and such causes the memory
> usage (including the loading of symbols)

I am surprised to hear this.  Using a 64-bit build of Firefox, I can
do a complete mochitests run on Valgrind/Memcheck in about 12 CPU
hours and about 4GB RSS (4.7 GB total process size).

If you can send me details of how to build TB and run the tests
in question, I can give it a try.  Valgrind has a built-in space
profiling framework, so it's not difficult to see if some aspect
of it is using more space than it should.