On 2/7/2013 6:12 AM, Mike Hommey wrote:
- But really, what does it change for developers?

Almost nothing they shouldn't be doing already. The main difference is
that resource://app/ and resource://gre/ urls are not going to point to
the same location anymore, which means I won't have to file bugs about
$randomFile including resource://gre/modules/something.jsm instead of
resource://app/modules/something.jsm.

This seems like a major add-on compatibility issue. Has anyone looked into how many add-ons will now have incorrect resource: URIs? How can we scan for these, and how can we mitigate the breakage?