On 13/02/13 12:55, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> I don't think we have this option. Microsoft and Google have editors
> on the EME spec. So this option looks more like: Have Hollywood movies
> available with good performance and without additional installs in IE
> and Chrome and *for the time being* available via Silverlight in
> Firefox on Windows and Mac

...and not on Linux at all...

> (i.e. with additional installations,
> updates and performance and stability troubles and only as long as
> Microsoft bothers to keep Silverlight working and available).

I'm not enamoured of the idea of the answer to "how do I watch
Netflix/LoveFilm in Firefox?" being "head over to Microsoft and install
Silverlight; bad luck if you run anything other than Windows or Mac OS X".

(AFAICT, that is the answer at the moment anyway, but at least it's the
same for all browsers. LoveFilm phased out Flash a while back - I was an
upset customer. I assume Netflix did the same.)

Gerv