On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:17:12 AM UTC-8, joshu...@gmail.com wrote:
> I know that there are probably well thought out reasons that this isn't a
> features already...BUT! Lot's of US Government users can't use Firefox
> because it doesn't use the Windows certificate store.
>

> Would anyone be totally opposed to adding this feature and having it enabled
> via group policy? That would allow some IT shops to roll it out with their
> preferred smart card middleware...like ActivClient.
>

> Thoughts?

I would be very much in favor of adding this feature. We are getting ready to
remove Firefox and restrict its use across our 5000 PCs because it is such a
righteous PITA to add our internal CA certificates to Firefox remotely and we
don't want to deal with the flood of inevitable user calls "I don't know what
to choose, this security certificate stuff scares me." "Why am I getting
prompted for internal websites?" "Don't you IT guys know how to do certs?" "Do
I have to accept it, or do I install it?"

I read the articles for certutil and I have to ask, "what idiot came up with
that as the only method???" Seriously, not being able to do it easily through
Group Policy or some other centralized method is a GIGANTIC FAIL. If you want
enterprises to take you seriously, take us and our needs seriously. Otherwise
whatever point Mozilla is trying to make is being lost and you will never be
installed again in our shop.