On 2013-04-23 9:07 AM, Tom Schuster wrote:
At the moment it's really just Jono working full time on this, and
terrence and other people reviewing. This stuff is actually quite easy
and you can expect really fast review times from our side.

In some parts of the code rooting could literally just mean to replace
JS::Value to JS::RootedValue and fixing the references to the
variable. It's really easy once you did it a few times.

Does this also apply to code holding on to JSObject*s? I've been adding a whole bunch of those cases lately.

Here is a list of all files that still have rooting problems:
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2340241
And the details for each and every problem:
https://people.mozilla.com/~sfink/analysis/browser/rootingHazards.txt

Can the stuff in objdir/dom/bindings be fixed whole-sale by changing the WebIDL codegen?

Cheers,
Ehsan