On 5/2/2013 6:21 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
On 2013-05-02 5:46 AM, Neil wrote:
Why do we need a separate repo? Can we not simply close the broken head
and start again at the last green changeset?

Multiheaded repos are evil.  They're very hard to deal with, and I don't
think that buildbot can deal with them properly.

Buildbot can deal with a multi-headed Try, so it can probably be convinced to deal with a multi-headed inbound, even if it needs to be a special case like Try.

Individual developers might have more problems (they'll want to pull from inbound, unlike Try) but I think as long as the inactive heads are closed it won't freak out Mercurial too much... The suggested workflow with inbound2 would lead to almost-identical multi-headed repos in developers' local clones anyway.