On 2013-05-23 2:45 AM, Tim Taubert wrote:
I talked to Gavin yesterday and we think the best approach would be to
back out the Session Restore changes for now as they don't provide a
real benefit other than code cleanup (and don't block any other work).

The plan would then be to re-land them *with* a kill switch in the same
cycle that brings Australis - so we would need to prepare and keep those
patches ready. The reasoning is that we indeed will break different
add-ons than Australis but at least there will only be one release with
a couple of add-ons breaking instead of two in a row.

For bug 838577 we will probably need to maintain a shadow tree as
Johnathan mentioned. I would suggest we talk to Ehsan as he has
experience in doing this successfully.

Thanks for the due diligence here! I would be more than happy to help. Please ping me when you're ready!

Cheers,
Ehsan