On 2013-06-26 11:11 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
5. "Once one week has passed [...]

This seems unnecessarily heavy-handed to me.

Agreed so I'll remove it.  I'm actually thinking we still have the email
request but only to inform those who are interested in the feature
landing but haven't been following the bug closely.  What do you think?
  What about you, Ehsan?

Hmm, assuming that we're not blocking people checking in their code to m-c hidden behind a flag, I think it would make sense to reform the intent to implement emails as mostly informational, while giving the people to object if they have a good reason why implementing the feature is a bad idea, but we should still have some way to come to a conclusion for intent to ship emails. I think it would make sense to take a week of silence as consent, to prevent people from having to wait for an extended period of time looking for some reply to their email.

Cheers,
Ehsan