On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> Another big one I'm aware of is the issue of how to treat '\\' in URLs.

In the specification this is resolved in favor of how
WebKit/Chromium/Trident go about it. Which is to treat it identically
to "/" but flag it with a warning in the console, if applicable.

What should we use as tactic for fixing URL parsing?

a) Have side-by-side implementations as with HTML and slowly switch
over callers.
b) Incrementally fix the existing URL parser (file bugs on specific
issues such as "\")
c) Both?

I have an implementation in JavaScript: https://github.com/annevk/url
Next I'm going to get the test suite into better shape. I guess what's
unclear is how to track the Gecko bits.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/