On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Doug Turner <doug.tur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Do you think that NC is the right soluction here?

At a high level it seems like the kind of low-level API we want to
expose. The details are still muddy, we need implementation experience
and developer feedback for that.

> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Offline not working seems like the #1 problem
>> of the web platform,
>
> There are lots of problems with the web platform.  Offline support is one of
> them, yes.  :)

Agreed. Are there bigger problems, though? The impression I get from
developers is that offline is the main reason to develop native
applications over web applications. There are other reasons, too, but
not having offline solved is a dealbreaker.

>>   so working on this API does not really feel
>> premature to me.
>
> My issue wasn't if we were going to work on the 'off-line' problem or not.
> It was mostly around stating we're going to implement prematurely.  It might
> be I don't really understand what the "Intent to implement" blink-like
> emails really mean..  if you say this, when is it going to show up in a FF
> release?

The intent to implement helps us to know what ends up in our codebase
and lets us evaluate early on whether we think that's a good idea long
term. Intent to ship will be used to indicate when it shows up in a FF
(seems Fx lost :-)) release.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/