On 9/9/13 00:29, Nicholas Cameron wrote:

I don't think these kind of time improvements make it worth
duplicating std library code into mfbt, we may as well just pull in
the headers and forget about it.

+1 to that.

We've been trying to get *away* from requiring special Mozilla-isms in our codebase, and use standard C++ instead. Let's not reintroduce stuff like that just for the sake of a few seconds on a 20-minute clobber build, or milliseconds in a dep build.

Reducing unnecessary #include usage is a good thing, of course; but replacing standard library #includes with custom Mozilla ones for the sake of (extremely) marginal build-time wins is not.

JK