On 09/19/2013 10:02 PM, Dave Townsend wrote:
I would expect that the total server load on hg.mozilla.org is high enough
that whatever you do as a single person isn't going to be even a blip on
the radar so I'd expect just a "hg pull" with a reasonable frequency would
be just fine. If you want to be sure you're up to date make a simple script
that pulls first from your local clone then from the real repo.

Downside? I've had a cronjob doing this frequently for a while and the
local repo gets corrupt data in it about every other week and I have to go
manually strip the offending changesets and repull. No idea why.

Somebody told me that this happen when you pull from an incomplete push.

What I used the following for almost 2 years:

  hg identify -r default $(hg paths mozilla-inbound)

The downside is that "hg identify" still needs to open a secure connection, so I switched to get the info from the pushlog which is used by tbpl:

  curl http://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/json-pushes |\
    md5sum -

and check for differences.

--