On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Zack Weinberg <za...@panix.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-23 4:29 PM, Hubert Figuière wrote:
>
>> PS: I truly believe that we should drop plugin support all together, but
>> that's not what I'm discussing here.
>>

> I think if we think our options going forward are "implement PPAPI" and
> "dump plugins altogether", we should seriously consider both.

The first of these simply isn't an option at all. We can not re-implement
or import all of Chromium. Even if we could, though, it wouldn't gain us
anything. For one, PPAPI Flash uses internals of Chromium (and maybe
Chrome?) that aren't part of PPAPI. More importantly though, we don't have
PPAPI Flash, and probably won't get it.