On 10/01/2013 12:25 AM, Karl Tomlinson wrote:
Bill McCloskey writes:

# Silence ++THIS and --THAT
export MOZ_QUIET=1

# Silence NS_WARNING
export MOZ_IGNORE_WARNINGS=1

then you won't get any more messages about DOM windows or
docshell creation/destruction or about NS_WARNINGs firing.

Thanks very much, Bill.  I think I'll also find this useful.

Can we all agree to only use NS_WARNING for things that are
unlikely to happen?

This includes NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS and friends.
I thought there was almost consensus on avoiding NS_ENSURE_*
because of the way jump statements are hidden, but I've still seen
some advocating.

No. The NS_ENSURE_* macros are incredibly useful when trying to figure out where things went wrong. To witness, just yesterday, in #content:

> * khuey points out that NS_ENSURE_ spew is awsome cause
> otherwise he'd have no clue where to start

http://logbot.glob.com.au/?c=mozilla%23content&s=30+Sep+2013&e=30+Sep+2013#c137495

HTH
Ms2ger