Interesting. I wonder if the monkey patching will even still work once we
have es6 modules and use them in the platform.

Jason and Eddy, you probably know, but I'm under the impression that monkey
patching an es6 module requires funneling it through a custom module
loader. Maybe the platform should do that by default and by default allow
addons to apply transforms to them?