On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl> wrote:

> We have to start thinking about it though. That's the direction we're
> heading. Have everything be pluggable and implementable from untrusted
> content. Maybe an isolated worker that can do image processing and
> communicate a bitmap that might be tainted?

This is really tricky if you want the decoder to be able to handle
non-same-origin images. The problem is that although we can isolate the
worker at the API level, it's going to be almost impossible to prevent it
from leaking information back to its origin via timing channels.

If we restrict the decoder to only handling images with the same origin as
the decoder (or public via CORS), things are much better. I'd still want a
good level of isolation to prevent untrusted code from being easily able to
observe (and come to depend on) when/how often image decoding happens.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*