Removal of native notifications has badly regressed the UI for notifying
that there is a browser update downloaded, and that you can restart the
browser to run the new version. (At least on OSX, I don't know about
other platforms.)

When we had native notifications, you would see a notification, but it
would fade out by itself after inactivity. It was very non-disruptive.

Now, it is a pop up that won't go away unless I interact with it. It is
nagging me and demands my attention. I can't ignore it. It disrupts my
browsing. Upgrading is no longer something that happens automatically
behind the scenes when I restart the browser, it is in my face and makes
upgrading a chore that I have to take care of.

Is there a bug tracking this regression?

Nick