On 11/17/13 5:26 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
I don't think that we need to try to fix this problem any more than the
general problem of denoting our dependencies explicitly.  It's common for
you to remove an #include from a header and find dozens of .cpp files in
the tree that implicitly depended on it.  And that is much more likely to
happen than people adding/removing cpp files.

While true, in the new setup we have a different problem: adding or removing a .cpp file makes other random .cpp files not compile.

This is especially a problem where windows.h is involved. For bindings we simply disallowed including it in binding .cpp files, but for other .cpp files that's not necessarily workable. Maybe we need a better solution for windows.h bustage. :(

-Boris