On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
We could report all rejections, but I'm a bit leery of adding so much noise
that people start ignoring the report altogether; a common problem in the
past.

Given that we report "throw 42"

We don't, for a DOM promise, last I checked.

We report |throw new Error()| and of course actual internal things that ends up throwing actual Error instances.

Again, the intent was to catch things like typos in function names in the callbacks and whatnot.

We could certainly try to report everything. It would be pretty bare-bones, since for things that are not Error we don't have line/file information as to where they originated, so all we can report is that some promise somewhere was rejected with the value and the rejection was not handled. How useful do you expect that to be?

-Boris