----- Original Message -----
> Do we have a formalized way to do A/B testing with telemetry? That is,
> assuming that there is a telemetry probe that measures problem
> symptoms and a boolean pref for  turning on a potential solution, is
> there a way the declare the pref as something that telemetry queries
> can be constrained by so that it would be possible to compare the
> symptom probe with and without the potential solution?

No, but I think this is desirable.

> If not, is there a better way to do this than duplicating probes and
> checking the pref to see which probe should be fed?

A probe is not restricted to boolean values. You can define a histogram that
maps values to conditions. As such, you can have a single probe that captures
all of the required data. Depending on your use case, this structure may be
more difficult to read after the data is aggregated on the server.

Lawrence