On 11/25/2013 12:11 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:

Do we know how much memory we tend to use during the minidump collection phase?
No, we don't. It seems that the Windows code maps all of the DLLs into memory again in order to extract information from them.
Does it make sense to try to reserve an address space range large enough for those allocations, and free it up right before trying to collect a crash report to make sure that the crash reporter would not run out of (V)memory in most cases?
We already do this with a 12MB reservation, which had no apparent effect (bug 837835).

--BDS