As many of you know, Session Restore is something of a performance hog,
for many reasons – we have reports of. One of the reasons is that we
store so very many things in sessionstore.js and sometimes keep stuff
for a very long time.

As part of bug 943352 & followup, we are considering automatically
cleanup some of the contents of sessionstore.js. Since people have
mentioned "webcompat" and "userdata loss" in the context of
sessionstore.js, I'd appreciate some feedback before we proceed.

So, here are a few things that I believe we could cleanup:
1. get rid of closed windows after a while;
2. get rid of closed tabs after a while;
3. get rid of old history entries of open tabs after a while;
4. get rid of POST data of history entries after a while;
5. get rid of DOM storage contents of open tabs after a while;
6. get rid of form data content of open tabs after a while;

Note that we don't have space usage number for each of these (bug 942340
should provide more insight).

If anybody feels that we are going to break one million websites (or one
million profiles), we would be interested to hear about this.

Cheers,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD