Hi,

Unified builds have been around for about two weeks. They are nice
because they make the build so much faster. On the other hand, we know
they currently break crash reports on mac (bug 943695), and can break
things in subtle ways (bug 942421, bug 943839). We don't know what
problems are still hiding.

I think it's time, 9 days before the merge, to think about whether we
want unified builds to ride the train or not. I'm almost tempted to
suggest that we disable unified builds on nightlies, but that would
probably hide the problems even more.

Incidentally, in those two weeks, I did two attempts at building
without unified sources, resulting in me filing 4 bugs in different
modules for problems caused by 6 different landings[1]. I think it is time
to seriously think about having regular non-unified builds (bug 942167).
If that helps, I can do that on birch until that bug is fixed.

Thoughts?

Mike

1. For the curious: bugs 942137, 944830, 944834 and 944835, caused by
bugs 932102, 942492, 943293, 944172, 943712 and 941559.