On 12/6/2013, 11:43 AM, Ted Mielczarek wrote:
On 12/6/2013 11:33 AM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Ted!

What is the dom.gamepad.non_standard_events.enabled controlling, and
why do we have a different value of this pref in our release and
non-release builds?

That pref controls whether we send "gamepadbutton{up,down}" and
"gamepadaxismove" events, which are not currently in the spec. I
implemented those in my original patch before a lot of discussion
happened which resulted in consensus that consumers wanted the
navigator.getGamepads() API more. I haven't had the energy to discuss
standardizing them (and we may not want to standardize exactly what I've
implemented, and Chrome doesn't implement them), so I left them in for
experimentation but disabled for release.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Cheers,
Ehsan