re 80char vs 100chars:

I am for 80 chars.

If the argument for expanding to 100 or more is that screen is getting wider,
then the benefit of wide screen is able to fit multiple terminals in one
window. For normal workflow, I'd split my windows into two or terminals,
depending on what I am doing, so I don't see any benefit for increasing the
limit.

re braces for single statement:

I am for always braces.

If multi-statement logical statement requires braces pair, why make exception
to the single logical branch?

if (...)
  do_stuff

vs

if (...) {
  do_stuff
}

and if I need to add more statements (like adding debug), I don't need to go
back and add { } again which can be as difficult as adding { } in the first
place (but that's a one-time cost). I am not sure why this is not a problem...
I know, it sounds lazy, but since we are mentioning productivity....

re 2 spaces vs 4 spaces:

I'd keep with two-space.

I come from Python world and after working on Firefox for a while I am used to
two-space instead of four-space in Firefox.

Does four-space increase productivity? My take on this is that not necessarily
and productivity depends on the tool the developer is using. If you use vim you
can set the tab indentation to four spaces. You can also set language-specific
indentation. I can't speak of other editors and IDEs out there and we certainly
can't make everyone happy.

Chromium has the following style guide:

"Python code should follow PEP-8, except that Chromium uses two-space
indentation instead of four-space indentation, and it uses MixedCase for method
names and function names instead of lower_case_with_underscores"

I am not saying we have to stick with two-space because Chromium uses two-space
since Linux kernel is 8-space, but two-space is not rare at all (I am not sure
Chromium's decision is influenced by people who started Chrome in the first
place, as they had/have been firefox contributors).

Finally, another thing to consider when we write a style checker is to consider
this way of wrapping lines:

const SOME_REGEX_CONSTANT = new RegExp("^(str1|str2" +
                                       "str3|str4");

const SOME_KEYWORD_TO_SET = "hello world" +
                            "what is going on?"