On Wednesday 2014-02-05 20:37 -0800, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> Spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/compositing-1/#background-blend-mode
>

> *Summary*
>
> This new CSS property allows you to specify blending between background images
> and the background color.

I'm a little concerned about shipping background-blend-mode without
mix-blend-mode, just because mix-blend-mode is the primary blending
control, and background-blend-mode handles an edge case.  I'm
worried that shipping support for the edge case first will encourage
authors to contort what they're doing in order to fit that edge
case, and, as a result, harm other things (for example, by making
things that should be content be background images instead, and
hurting accessibility).

Otherwise I think this is reasonable, though.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.