Gregory,

08 февр. 2014 г., в 10:57, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com> написал(а):

> On 8/7/13, 1:00 PM, d...@dmik.org wrote:
>> Regarding the main subject. There are many OS/2 parts that are still valid
>> (e.g. the NSPR code) so if you will drop them we will have to reapply them
>> back in our repo. And if we push it back later you will have to reapply them
>> again. This doesn't make sense to me — if you are going to accept our
>> patches at some later stage. If you are certainly not, then you may go on
>> with that.
>>
>> I'm also ready to listen to any other ideas on how we can collaborate in
>> this case.
>
> I just realized I never replied to this thread!

I’m glad that someone reacted, finally :)

> Given:
>
> a) the in-tree OS/2 port hasn't worked in over 2 years
> b) the OS/2 port is using a "shadow" build system, independent of the
> official one
> c) there appears to be little desire to use the official build system for an
> OS/2 port at this time
>
> It's my determination that OS/2 has little use in the Firefox *build system*.
> (The OS/2 port may wish for some references to remain in C++.)
>
> Bug 969757 currently has a patch to remove most remnants of OS/2 from the
> *entire* tree. If you have any interest in preserving references to OS/2 in
> the tree, now would be the time to speak up.

The current situation is little bit different from what it was in my last
answer. We had to switch back to the original build system for the time being.
There turned out to be soooooo many things to do (Mozilla is a giant monster
source wise) that we postponed the task of porting the build system to kBuild
and directed our (limited) resources to porting Mozilla itself (and went pretty
far on that way — FF17 now runs on OS/2 and even out-of-process Flash works).

So I would like to ask you to preserve OS/2 in configure and makefiles for now.

--
keep cool,
dmik