Brian Smith schrieb:
David's explanation is mostly correct for Firefox (but see below).
However, for Thunderbird that warning occurs because Thunderbird is
blocking the main thread waiting for network I/O (and disk I/O).
Thunderbird should be fixed so that it stops doing network I/O on the
main thread. Then this warning will go away.

MailNews (in Thunderbird and SeaMonkey) does a lot of main-thread stuff, I/O and otherwise, that it should not do, from what I see/feel when using it. I fear though that there are too little resources to work on this and fix it, that project is a bit understaffed, both in terms of paid and volunteer developers.

That said, I'm sure they're happy about contributions!

Even after insanity::pkix lands

Hrm, doesn't "insanity" sound a bit strange and possibly untrustworthy for a security-related thing?

KaiRo